Saturday, June 02, 2012

Sydney, May 2012: A time to heal and to be inspired


Sydney was the choice when I was deciding on how to spend a week away from my usual routine. It was originally the destination to visit for the month of May 2012 for a music exchange trip which has yet to materialize, and so my mind must have been primed to choose Sydney as one of the first options.

The possibility of spending some moments to reconnect with a few of my friends who are living in Sydney, the chance to visit scenic places and be closer to Nature, the temptation to take ferry rides across the Sydney Harbour, the chance to attend an interfaith service by Dr Stephanie Dowrick (one of my favourite authors) and the pleasure to catch the first night of Vivid Sydney were enticing factors that influenced to decide that Sydney was the place to visit.

In the upcoming posts to follow, I shall pen down some of my observations, experiences, thoughts and learning points from a recent visit to Sydney, from 20 to 26 May 2012. In these posts, take a glimpse of Vivid Sydney and the first Vivid Live Stage Door Tour, find out a few of the wonderful places to enjoy breakfast in Sydney, be moved by the beauty of Berowra Waters, North Head, Watsons Bay, Milsons Point, the Blue Mountains and more.

Nature is healing. I am grateful for the therapeutic effects that visiting National Parks, the Sydney Harbour, and many other places have on me. I am also deeply appreciative to my friends in Sydney for their kindness, hospitality and generosity. I am very thankful and grateful to the kindhearted folks whom I have met during my visit to Sydney. They have provided timely help, directions, guidance and kindness to me, the solo traveller.

What better way to share my gratitude and delight than to pen them down? May you find comfort and inspirations from the posts to come.

***
Also see: Sydney, May 2012

No comments: