Sunday, August 26, 2012

The hotel that I stayed in: Travelodge Sydney

Main entrance of the Travelodge Sydney.


When I was visiting Sydney in May 2012, I chose to stay at Travelodge Sydney (Wentworth). I stayed in one of the rooms (Queen bed) on the ninth floor for six nights.

Service was great and adequate considering the price that I have paid for the room. It was considered one of the cheapest hotel room rates I could get in Sydney where hotel rates can be expensive. The staff were very attentive and allowed me to store my luggage in the storage room when I had arrived before the check-in time and when I needed a place to store my luggage after I had checked out.



The room was clean and spacious. Each room has an ensuite bathroom. While the bathroom is basic and has no frills, this meant I was charged less for the unnecessary luxuries. I appreciated that the water-heater generally worked most of the time and that the diligent housekeeper had kept the room and the bathroom clean and neat throughout my stay.



I chose not to have breakfast included with my stay. This was to allow me to enjoy a variety of breakfast outside the hotel.

Breakfast at the hotel.

However, on the morning of 24 May 2012, I treated myself to the buffet breakfast at the hotel's Three Corners Restaurant. This was because I needed to leave the hotel by about 7.15 a.m. and there was nearest place that provided breakfast opened at 7.00 a.m. As such, I figured that it would be more practical that I enjoy breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. The restaurant opens for breakfast as early as 6.30 a.m. Food was adequate and palatable. At AUD$19 per pax, I am in the opinion that I would prefer to explore the other interesting breakfast options in Sydney city if I did not have to leave the hotel before 7.15 a.m. Please bear with me, I have higher expectations for breakfast.

The Three Corners Restaurant.


This hotel provides coin-operated washing machines at selected levels. Dry-cleaning is also available. This may not be the place for people who need to use swimming pool or gym facilities.

The coin-operated washing machine.

The reception.


Here is a TripAdvisor review that I had written some time ago: Value-for-money at Travelodge Sydney

***
Travelodge Sydney
27 Wentworth Ave, Sydney, NSW 2010, Australia
http://www.travelodge.com.au/travelodge-sydney-hotel/home

Nearest train station: Museum

***

Also visit: Sydney, May 2012: A time to heal and to be inspired

No comments: