Wednesday, October 24, 2012

7 Oct 2012: The evening at Discovery Shopping Mall

7 Oct 2012 (Sun):



After setting ourselves in the Best Western Resort Kuta, the evening adventure was set to be an exploration of the nearby vicinity. The destination for our evening was the Discovery Shopping Mall which was within 10 minutes walk from our hotel.

This shopping mall offers a good view of the sea and the Kuta Beach. One of the restaurants situated on the higher level offered its guests a dining experience where the guests could enjoy their meals while overlooking the wonderful view of Kuta Beach.

The view from Discover Shopping Mall.

View of Kuta Beach, from Discovery Shopping Mall.

There were several establishments in this mall where one can find interesting local handicrafts and souvenirs. The establishment, Batik Keris, offers high-end quality products. Bamboo, on the other hand offers various home furnishings and gifts at moderate price ranges. There were a few other of such establishments and I was left with good impression of Bali handicraft and art forms.

There were several international brands operating in Discovery Shopping Mall. I was pleased to see Crocs and Bread Talk in the mall.

For dinner, my friend and I had Indonesian-style fast food at Es Teler 77. I ordered a bowl of baso super special. Baso is essentially Indonesian meatball made from beef surimi. The meal was served with noodles and a broth.

My order of Bako Super Special from Es Teler 77, complete with various types of sauces.

While I was at the Discovery Shopping Mall, I was pleased to see A&W restaurant. I treated myself to waffle sundae, which was basically bite-sized waffle bits topped with ice-cream sundae. I miss A&W ever since this establishment stopped its operations in Singapore many years ago.

A&W waffle sundae.

In general, I have had a positive shopping experience at the Discover Shopping Mall. It is a modern shopping mall where many international and local Bali brands meet to entertain and to serve the community of locals and tourists.

***
Discovery Shopping Mall
Kartika Plaza Street
Kuta - Bali
Indonesia 80361
Phone: 62-361-755522

No comments: